Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving 10 million students have adopted the Panorama platform, including New York City, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems buy Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Y Combinator, Spark Capital, Emerson Collective, Owl Ventures, and Uncork Capital.
About the Role
A central part of Panorama’s success to date has been our extraordinary people. Our focus on thoughtful and aggressive recruiting, talent development, employee experience, and diversity, equity, and inclusion has helped us build a high-performing, mission-driven company with a strong culture.
Now, as we pass 130 employees and continue to grow quickly, we are looking for our first VP of People to build and lead Panorama’s organization-wide people strategy:
- Drive Panorama’s approach to people development, including onboarding, continuous learning, talent practices, performance management, and manager training
- Lead and grow the People team
- Partner with each Leadership Team member on people strategy and talent practices
- Own and improve Panorama’s HR practices, policies, and operations
- Lead and grow diversity, equity, and inclusion at Panorama
- Grow Panorama’s culture and employee experience
- Grow Panorama’s performance as a somewhat distributed organization with staff in Boston HQ, San Francisco office, and remote
The VP People sits on Panorama’s Leadership Team and reports to the CEO.
What We’re Looking For:
- Senior HR/People/Talent executive with experience setting and executing people strategy at a high-growth organization.
- Business-minded people leader: You love people and you love the intersection of talent strategy, culture, and business goals.
- Experience building HR fundamentals and talent development programs, e.g.,:
- Organization-wide talent practices
- Roles, levels, and career pathing
- Performance management systems
- Learning and development
- Core HR Policies
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive companies.
- Partner to Leadership Team members and managers on people strategy, talent practices, and HR matters.
- Experience supporting or building high-performing, high-growth organizations.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.