Website Vertical Knowledge
The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge platform enables our customers to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to identify and capture at scale. It provides organizations in both public and private sectors with a significant strategic advantage, transforming the way they discover, collect, and deploy Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We are constantly adapting to a rapidly changing landscape, and our customers depend on our innovation, proprietary technology, expertise, and support to consistently deliver the value of PAI.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will play an essential role in evolving VK’s product portfolio by owning one of the core products within its platform. You will help create the vision and strategy, and guide discovery, design and delivery of those components over time. You will also be a major contributor to the best practices and methodologies used by the product team, a coach and mentor to our product staff, and have significant influence over the direction of VK’s platform.
A good candidate for us has proven experience in building a complex platform product in the data and analytics space, targeted at Global 2000 enterprises. You have also managed the full scope of that product including strategy, design and development, release and go-to-market planning, competitive analysis, pricing and positioning. This position reports to VK’s senior product leadership.
This position may be based in our office in Northeast Ohio or remote in the US with occasional travel to Ohio.
- Product Vision & Strategy – Create the vision and strategy for your assigned portion of the product portfolio, focused on alignment with strategic business objectives and driving customer outcomes. Lead the process of risk management around usability, feasibility, and business viability for product ideas.
- Product Discovery & Design – Work with the Product Design team on user research and profiling, product discovery, design and prototyping. Interact directly with customers as well as internal Services, Support, Sales, Operations and overall leadership to gather, synthesize and prioritize requirements, and discover solutions to problems assigned to your product team.
- Product Innovation – Ensure that the platform and the outcomes it enables deliver true innovation and advancement for our customers through continuous competitive research and analysis, customer engagement and insight generation across our target markets.
- Product Development – Provide Product leadership on the product team for your components of the portfolio, partnering most importantly with design and engineering but occasionally other ancillary functions like QA, Data & Systems Architecture and Operations. Define epics, stories and requirements with associated value metrics, product backlog management & frequent demonstrations with releases scheduled in collaboration with Marketing, Sales and other departments.
- Product Commercials – In conjunction with the Product and Marketing leadership, define the pricing and positioning of your product consistently with the rest of the portfolio and relative to competition, assist the Sales team as necessary during the sales process, and ensure Sales, Customer Success and Services teams are fully educated on current and upcoming product capabilities.
- Leadership – Coordinate and mentor more junior product managers working within the portfolio and your product group to ensure comprehensive pursuit of solutions to customer problems, consistent architecture and product roadmap, and constant improvement of individual and collective capabilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of experience directly managing user-facing Software-as-a-Service products, with demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of product design, UI/UX, product management and go-to-market strategy; past responsibility for a data product as well as a full-scope role for a platform product is essential background for this role.
- 3+ years of experience managing developer-facing products, including API platforms, SDKs, etc.
- Successful track record in taking product from vision through successful market launch, including assistance in creation of associated product marketing materials, documentation, support and training strategies, and helping establish customer delivery processes
- Expertise in defining and facilitating processes utilized in product management and development, including but not limited to Lean/Agile development, design thinking, persona development, product discovery, user research and testing, etc.
- Experience in a wide variety of technologies used in contemporaneous solutions today, e.g. microservices, containerization, serverless implementation, data pipelines, artificial intelligence, RESTful interfaces, etc.
- Familiarity with current crop of data storage platforms, Big Data and MPP engines, data pipelining tools, AI development and lifecycle management tools in use by the enterprise market today
- Extensive interactions with cross-functional executive leaders, both internal and external, and customers of all types through interactions varying from sales to services and support to industry events; must be comfortable being the evangelist for your product and the entire company portfolio with any audience, and be especially comfortable presenting and expressing evidence-backed recommendations to company executives
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance (requires US citizenship).
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of management experience with direct reports in a Product organization
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- A work environment and dog friendly office (HQ only)
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to Careers@vk.ai. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.