A more centralized, accessible, powerful student experience
Ambi is a SaaS startup software company that is pioneering a new way of improving the student experience through social means. ambi is known for connecting students in a meaningful way, innovative integrations with existing campus technologies, and a world-class user experience. The company has an extraordinary team of passionate professionals who care to bring the best education experience to every student in the world.
Responsible for leading the architecture of ambi’s web solution, tight collaboration with Mobile team Tech Lead, analytics strategy, leading the daily operations of the Web team to ensure all code and Cloud-based service configurations are high quality, conform to team standards and optimized for performance and security. In addition, perform the daily role as Sr. Platform Engineer and mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
What We’re Looking For:
- You enjoy wearing the hat of Application Architect in a SaaS environment who recommends new technologies while accurately assessing the impact of changes to the overall solution.
- You’re an experienced full-stack developer who prefers to be heavily involved in all tiers of a solution.
- You have scaled numerous applications while staying within an infrastructure budget and aligning to security policy.
- You have wonderful written and oral communication.
- You are comfortable working with a NoSQL back-end (i.e. MongoDB).
- You thoroughly enjoy designing integration strategies for disparate data sources through several methodologies including RESTful APIs and ETL.
- You thoroughly enjoy and appreciate designing an Analytics strategy which will enable the company to make insightful and informed product decisions.
- You appreciate well-oiled DevOps including GitHub code repository management and Continuous Integration.
- You are comfortable working in a data-driven, Agile Scrum team.
- You enjoy mentoring less-experienced software engineers enabling them to grow
- You love to tinker
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years as an Application Architect in a SaaS environment
- At least 5 years as a Platform Engineer
- Expert at developing in Node.js, React.js, and web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Expert at scaling solutions to support tens of thousands of users
- Expert at selecting and configuring Cloud Services to support a SaaS solution (preferred AWS)
- Proficient at configuring and optimizing a NoSQL back-end (MongoDB preferred)
- Expert at designing, constructing and securing a publically available API
- Expert understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Expert at leading a team to translate product requirements into engineering tasks with valid estimations
- Strong experience with Agile software development techniques, developer driven testing, and highly automated test environments.
- Experience with large data sets using Hadoop and/or other NoSQL technologies and web analytics platforms is a plus but not required
- Experience diagramming a solution architecture
- Experience identifying platform and/or application security gaps along with mitigation recommendations
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient at designing an Analytics strategy
- At least 2 years of experience ensuring that your applications comply with Accessibility standards
- At least 1-year of experience mentoring less-experienced engineers
B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience