A more centralized, accessible, powerful student experience
Ambi is a SaaS startup software company that is pioneering a new way of improving the student experience through social means. ambi is known for connecting students in a meaningful way, innovative integrations with existing campus technologies, and a world-class user experience. The company has an extraordinary team of passionate professionals who care to bring the best education experience to every student in the world.
Responsible for leading the architecture of the Mobile solution, tight collaboration with Web team Tech Lead, analytics strategy, leading the daily operations of the Mobile team to ensure all code and Cloud-based service configurations are high quality, conform to team standards and optimized for performance and security. In addition, perform the daily role as iOS or Android Engineer and mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
What We’re Looking For:
- You enjoy wearing the hat of Mobile Application Architect in a SaaS environment who recommends new technologies while accurately assessing the impact of changes to the overall solution.
- You are passionate about iOS and/or Android and are always up to date with platform changes, new features, and new user interactions as they are released by Apple and/or Google
- You’re an experienced mobile developer who prefers to be heavily involved in all tiers of a solution.
- You’ve built enterprise mobile applications with Objective-C and/or Swift and/or Java for Android
- You have scaled numerous applications while staying within an infrastructure budget and aligning to security policy.
- You have wonderful written and oral communication.
- You are comfortable working with a NoSQL back-end (i.e. MongoDB).
- You thoroughly enjoy designing integration strategies for disparate data sources through several methodologies including RESTful APIs and ETL.
- You thoroughly enjoy and appreciate designing an Analytics strategy which will enable the company to make insightful and informed product decisions.
- You appreciate well-oiled DevOps including GitHub code repository management and Continuous Integration.
- You are comfortable working in a data-driven, Agile Scrum team.
- You enjoy mentoring less-experienced software engineers enabling them to grow
- You love to tinker
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years as an Mobile Application Architect in a SaaS environment
- At least 4 years as a mobile engineer with published apps in app stores
- Proficient at navigating the app publishing policies of Apple and/or Android
- Expert at developing in Swift and/or Objective-C and/or Java for Android
- Expert knowledge of XCode
- Expert knowledge of mobile hardware abstraction layer enabling access to mobile tech such as camera, GPS, audio, etc….
- Expert at scaling solutions to support tens of thousands of users
- Expert at selecting and configuring Cloud Services to support a SaaS solution (preferred AWS)
- Proficient at configuring and optimizing a NoSQL back-end (MongoDB preferred)
- Expert at designing, constructing and securing a publically available API
- Expert at leading a team to translate product requirements into engineering tasks with valid estimations
- Strong experience with Agile software development techniques, developer driven testing, and highly automated test environments.
- Experience with large data sets using Hadoop and/or other NoSQL technologies and web analytics platforms is a plus but not required
- Experience diagramming a solution architecture
- Experience identifying platform and/or application security gaps along with mitigation recommendations
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Proficient at designing an Analytics strategy
- At least 2 years of experience ensuring that your applications comply with Accessibility standards
- At least 1-year experience mentoring less-experienced engineers
B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience