Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters – committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You’re at the intersection of Strategy and Product, and love finding scalable solutions to benefit multiple parties. You like working with smart people on difficult problems and are excited about driving results for the company. You thrive when not only leading the direction, but overseeing and delivering the product solutions yourself.
You’re self-assured but collaborative and have experience working face-to-face with clients in a consultancy role having driven results with end to end solutions for mutual gain. You also have the knack to push back on the status quo when you see a better solution or approach to a problem.
You’re a do’er, who thrives under pressure and can drive results in often ambiguous and complex situations, remaining focused on the outcomes and deliverables.
You love data as a tool to inform decision making and leverage data wherever possible to extract insights and shape the product roadmap.
We’d be really impressed if you have relevant experience in Marketplaces, B2B and B2C product development, Alcohol Industry experience or other highly regulated industries.
What the role is
As Drizly continues to grow, a key focus for the company is building products to support revenue generation from our strategic partnerships, and the ownership of that lies with this Product Lead. It’s a massive opportunity for the company’s trajectory that starts as a hands on individual contributor while setting the direction of and growing the team as required to deliver on that opportunity. The Strategic Partnerships Lead will work closely with the Strategic Partnerships Leadership team and reports directly to Drizly’s Head of Product.
This role will operate with a consultative approach to Alcohol Suppliers who make up a large portion of the 3 tier alcohol system in the U.S. Building external relationships while aligning internal resources, the Strategic Partnerships Product Lead will work to access supplier budgets for media, marketing, and ecommerce initiatives. Through these relationships and learnings, this role will leverage Drizly’s position as a market leader in the alcohol delivery space and begin to execute on roadmaps for supplier products and solutions. This includes but is not limited to sales data, market share data, promotional opportunities, ecommerce fulfillment and many other unique offerings that we need to understand the value of. We work with lots of these partners today in what has largely been an opportunistic and ad hoc manner, and in this role you’ll be applying more organization, vision and strategy so we can become more intentional about what we do to build long lasting fruitful partnerships.
This is a client facing role, with time spent traveling and meeting our suppliers. You will also be responsible for driving and delivering the Product roadmap for suppliers working with Strategic Partnerships, Legal, UX, Merchandising and Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Spend significant time face to face with our Strategic Partners to understand who they are, what they are looking for and how & what Drizly can offer them to benefit both parties.
- Support and lead product development. Set the strategy for the Supplier Product roadmap and deliver that roadmap with our highly skilled engineering team. As both a contributor and leader, ensure that we’re clearly communicating the problem we’re trying to solve and how we’re measuring our success to key members of the team, across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal teams, there are a lot of things we can and can’t do for legal reasons in the alcohol industry, to be successful in this role you’ll need to be able to manage ambiguity and navigate the organization effectively through communication and collaboration.
- You will own the long term vision and management of our Supplier portal, the software system we have developed that Suppliers and Brands use today to update their product details on Drizly.
- Lead large-scale new Strategic Partnership product initiatives from cover to cover. This means seeking out unmet user needs, determining how pervasive they are, evaluating technical feasibility and forecasting the possible benefits.
- Ruthlessly prioritize what to focus on and when. There are endless ways we can improve our product offering for suppliers. As the Product Lead for Strategic Partnerships, we will rely on you to size and prioritize the opportunities, to maximize value for both Drizly and our partners, and strike the right balance between short term wins and longer term investments across a series of different Partners.
- Be critical and never settle. We move quickly and are always looking at the performance of our product to determine what’s “in” or “out” of a feature or release. You should, with grim satisfaction, look forward to communicating what we shouldn’t build.
- Question the status quo. There’s an abundance of ways we can work smarter, better and faster as we evolve as a product organization and we’re looking at you to identify them.
The Other Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status