Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 markets across North America to serve up the best buying experience and offer a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story. We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) – and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
You love fostering relationships and creating partnerships, and have demonstrated success doing so. You’re passionate about aligning the organization to supplier and brand partner needs across Sales, Marketing, Product, Dev, and Content. You pride yourself on being a team player. You get into work each morning and immediately plan your day, with a focus on how you can make your partners stronger, better, and happier. You believe in growth: growth for your partners, growth for the company, and your own professional and personal growth. You love reading industry news, and provide insights back to partners and the business on how to seize opportunities and make everyone better.
You are a strong communicator, able to share our strategic partnership topline numbers that are most telling – to top leadership. It’s not just enough to see the solution, you are able to think critically and make decisions based on your findings. You love to execute. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the work with your team. And despite considerable skills and impressive experience, importantly, you are humble. You have at least five years of strategic relationship experience (more is better) and have a track record of creating and managing top Forbes 100 relationships within organizations. You can balance a large number of projects, collaborating with a multitude of parties and always approaching initiatives with a positive attitude.
Overall, you’re excited to be a leader on the strategic partnerships team, owning multiple relationships, driving growth across existing partners, seeking out new business opportunities, and executing heavily. You’ll be focused on one of the largest untapped eCommerce opportunities in history, and you will help tell that story to the world.
About the Role
Drizly is seeking a passionate relationship manager who will build and map partnership ecosystems, source and explore potential relationships, formalize relationships, and drive long term partner success. You are the tip of the spear, alongside our team of relationship managers to execute our Strategic Partnerships strategy. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, this is a critical role that will allow you to make a big impact on the company goals.
- Act as key contact and project lead for our strategic partners and manage the long-term relationship with each partner.
- Develop and execute action plans, from initial outreach to complete account development and maintenance.
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics; leverage your analytical skills to track KPIs related to partner progress and performance. Iterate and improve what works, and learn from failures.
- Use your strategic and business acumen to identify new key partners, understand partner business objectives, perform diligence, structure and formalize relationships; leveraging research and work hustle to find opportunities.
- Work alongside Marketing, Product, Dev, Content, and others to develop our growth partnership product strategy, and work with the team to enhance our brand product offerings.
- Communicate value, progress, and metrics to partners and required stakeholders and diverse audiences.
- Attend conferences and travel to our partners when appropriate.
You would be great for this role if…
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated success in a similar role in sales, account management, corporate development or alliances; you have a proven track record of identifying, negotiating and closing partnerships quickly.
- You are a creative, independent, high-energy individual who thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment; you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty; you might talk a big game but can back it up by actions and execution.
- You have demonstrated experience in conducting on-site meetings with senior level executives.
- You are well spoken and influential.
- Preferably, you have worked in a fast-paced startup environment previously.
- You have a vast network across the United States, and have your thumb on the pulse of all events and emerging power players on the scene.
NOTE: We will only consider applications that include a note explaining how you will make sure you are communicating effectively, especially in a world where we are using email, slack, phone, Google Hangouts, etc., constantly throughout the day. You can do this in the open field “Additional Information.”
The Good Stuff
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You Do You
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.