We are looking to hire a staff accountant to assist in the growth of accounting operation as the company continues to grow. This role will be focused on sales transactions, revenue and related expenses, but will support other aspects of accounting operations.
The Staff accountant will report to the Assistant Controller, and support the Controller and VP of Finance as needed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing accounting related entries to assigned registers, journals and logs following our company’s established accounting processes.
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Have experience in accounting or related field
- Are proficient in Word and Excel
- Posses strong written and oral communication skills
- Are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Are able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Are adept at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Familiarity with Xero or similar accounting systems
- Familiarity with pivot tables and other advanced Excel functionality
- Familiarity with Powerpoint or Google Slides
Klaviyo is a Boston startup located right in the heart of downtown Boston. We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We provide marketing automation for businesses focused on e-commerce, event management and community management.
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider