Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 markets across North America to serve up the best buying experience and offer a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) – and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
You love translating SEO matters into business results, splitting time between refining your expertise in tech + content SEO matters AND quantifying the biz impact of SEO (you know, promote your hard work). You’re passionate about aligning the organization to SEO best practices, across: Product, Dev, and Content. You get into work each morning and immediately start scanning your alerts/blogs/Twitter for the latest SEO chatter, new SEO tools, algorithm updates, and industry news. You are a strong communicator, able to share the SEO topline numbers that are most telling – to top leadership. It’s not just enough to see the solution, you are able to think critically and make decisions based on your findings. You love to execute. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the work with your team. And despite considerable skills and impressive experience, importantly, you are humble.
You have at least 5 years of SEO experience (more is better) and have a track record of creating & managing SEO within organization heavily-reliant on all things SEO (either in-house or as consultant). You lean towards the technical matters of SEO, but your fully abreast of the impact from content, linking, and user metrics. You can balance a large number of projects, collaborating with a multitude of parties and always approaching initiatives with a positive attitude. OVERALL, you’re excited to lead SEO efforts within a marketplace leader (category: alcohol Ecommerce) w/ 9x category growth expected in the next 7 years.
About the Role
Drizly is seeking a passionate search marketer who will drive our SEO strategy to new heights. You will act as the Head of SEO – owning all strategy & execution. Reporting to the Sr Director of Acquisition, this is a critical role with a direct report (1x) and have an ability to make a big impact on the company goals. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all SEO activity such as keyword research, competitive assessments, content strategy, link building, and technical on-page optimization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for growing not only rankings & site traffic but also total biz metrics (in our case: new buyer acquisition).
- Manage and expand SEO roadmap. Identify key areas of growth and partner with Product, UX, Dev, & Content teams to drive both strategy & execution
- Perform ongoing keyword and competitive research. Strategically prioritize opportunities by constantly balancing acquisition, traffic, & revenue upside
- Partner with development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented and maintained across all areas of the business; including creation of Development tickets (via JIRA)
- Optimize on-page factors such as title tags, URL’s, meta descriptions, headers, alt tags and internal links to improve rankings and drive equity to target pages
- Assign keyword focus areas and SEO goals to content team. Monitor progress and impact on keyword rankings.
- Track and report on important SEO KPI’s including domain authority, keyword rankings, and traffic. With an eye towards biz metrics like acquisition, conversion rate, and revenue
- Manage small team focused on generating inbound links and building on-site content authority
You would be great for this role if…
- You have 5-7 years of SEO experience (in-house or consultant)
- You have prior experience working with fast-paced Ecommerce brands
- You have a demonstrated track record of increasing rankings, traffic, and acquisition while managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics
- You rely on data to make a case, you launch structured tests to prove a point, and you’re ok with admitting when things don’t go as planned
- You have relentlessly high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo
- You have experience with SEO applications, tools, and web analytics packages (GA, SEMrush, Brightedge, MOZ, Search Console, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- You have a clear “personal SEO brand” that you can easily articulate across the core SEO tenets
The Good Stuff
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You Do You
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.