Klaviyo is using technology to reinvent email marketing from the ground up. For too long marketing has been pretty selfish. Companies blast everyone with the same email, not because they think that’s what customers want, but because they don’t have a choice.
Klaviyo fundamentally changes the game. Our software ties together everything companies know about their customers, processes massive quantities of data in real-time, and uses it drive a platform that’s part CRM, part analytics engine, and 100% an email platform that drives results.
Technology has come a long way in the last 15 years, but email hasn’t really changed. We’re here to fix that.
Solutions Engineering At Klaviyo
Solutions Engineering is a critical part of the sales cycle but is NOT a typical “give demos” role. A true expert in the Klaviyo product, the sales engineer is a go-to technical resource for the sales team, helping to make prospects successful through live assistance, behind the scenes support, and education. A Sales Engineer relies on their technical expertise to effectively explain and apply technical concepts including APIs, the innerworkings of the Klaviyo platform, and integrations with 3rd party and other client systems, to both prospects and teammates.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource for the go to market team
- Help increase the output and efficiency of the sales team
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product on the product roadmap and troubleshooting
- Do things the hard way then proactively improve the Klaviyo product and customer experience with creative ideas and solutions
- 3 years of sales engineering, technical support, or engineering experience
- A naturally helpful mindset, great attention to detail, and high technical aptitude
- Experience in a start-up or a start-up mentality
- A scrappy, hands-on, get stuff done attitude
- The desire to be a cross-functional team player
- Experience working with sales and a sharp business acumen
- Strong ability to effectively manage a range of simultaneous engagements
- Ability to effectively convey customer requirements to Product Management, Support, and Engineering teams
- (bonus) Experience developing products or contributing to open source projects