Website 6 River Systems
6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation. Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary AI, mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
We are searching for a solutions designer for our growing Go To Market team. The design work includes identification of functional and technical system requirements, determination of operator rate improvements, definition of material flow, process, and site layout for next generation automation solutions. The solution designer is the architect of the design and works in partnership with the sales team to develop a tangible business case for our prospects.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the development of our automation platform. You will work across disciplinary lines on a small team. We guarantee you will be bragging about your job to friends and family on weekends.
- Work with customers to design fulfillment automation solutions with leading ROIs across fast growing industries
- Lead the discovery of client requirements through site visits, interviews and data analysis
- Build new tools and processes to accelerate the design effort
- Team with sales executives to produce clear and concise materials for executive-level audience
- Partner with engineering and product management to identify new product requirements and enhancements
- Assist in all facets of Customer Lifecycle – sales, solutions, services, support, and account management
- 3-5 years of experience in related discipline (pre-sales consulting, product management or professional services)
- Demonstrated ability to work in rapidly changing startup environment
- Able to answer customer technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence to present to large, executive-level audiences
- Strong sales and customer service skills and commercial instinct
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills that can be applied to real world solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Organization and time management skills
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or science (Masters degree in engineering or business a plus)
- Experience in supply chain software, warehouse management software, or automation a plus
Position will require 40-60% travel. Frequent visits to prospect sites and existing customer sites throughout the region