Website 6 River Systems
6 River Systems looks to add a Software engineer to our team who loves to build tools for other software engineers. Our team is small, incredibly motivated and big believers in team! Everyone at 6 River brings a unique contribution to the company and its culture. We engage in high-energy exchanges on design, and develop feature functionality quickly and elegantly.
This is an opportunity for you to have a real impact on the creation of tools that increase the productivity of the software development lifecycle.
In a “typical” day you will be working with multiple development teams to help ensure production stability and scalability of their software. You will be building tools to help development teams get their code to production more efficiently, and ensure all software is monitored for stability.
- Help build the systems and software architecture that power the backbone of our mobile robotics platform.
- Build tools that accelerate the pace engineering can deliver.
- Build highly available and scalable systems.
- Document the systems you build.
- Participate in engineering on-call rotations
- Encourage and assist the technical growth of your peers.
- Work with the Product team and other engineering teams to define and prioritize projects.
- At least 5 years of development or operational experience
- Able to administer Unix Systems
- Proficient with Docker
- Knowledge of a few dynamic and scripting programming languages
- Ability to use SQL and knowledge of running SQL database technologies
- Comfortable diving into a variety of different services and systems to find problems and build solutions.
- Encourage and practice collaboration
- Have excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- Have experience crafting highly available system
- Experience building internal development tools from the ground up
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with services and deployment to Google Cloud or AWS