Website 6 River Systems
6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation. Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
This is an exciting position to lead our growth in the North American market. We are seeking someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues. You have experience working in a dynamic environment and experience growing a company from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career. You will work across disciplinary lines on a small team. We guarantee you will be bragging about your job to friends and family on weekends.
- Maintain a sales pipeline across Retail, Distribution, 3rd Party Logistics, and e-commerce
- Achieve a targeted number of pilot and commercial customers
- Assist in all facets of Customer Lifecycle – sales, solutions, services, support, and account management
- Organize trade shows and marketing events
- Inform and execute an agreed pricing strategy
- Identify and recruit members of the Go-to-Market team including Sales, Solutions, Services, and Support
- Recent and significant (5+ years) experience closing traditional and “X as a Service” deals between $250K – $2MM involving hardware, software, and professional services to CEO, COO, EVP, SVP level executives at the following types of companies: e-commerce, Retail, Distribution, and 3rd Party Logistics companies. Rolodex is important, but not the most important requirement. We value the right attitude and sales experience
- Ability to ask the customer the right questions and listen to what the customer needs. Afterwards, partner with solutions designers to generate a high quality proposal meeting their needs
- Collaborates well with product management, engineering, and marketing
- Qualify in/out and growing accounts. The company has demand from dozens of many significant, well-known companies.
- Need someone who is good at navigating and growing these accounts. It is less about knowing where to find prospects and more about identifying the right ones, getting the initial close, and growing the install base
- Wear multiple hats. Initially, this will be an individual contributor position, and we are looking for someone to be very hands-on, roll up their sleeves (literally) and do whatever it takes to build revenues and product
- Four year college degree
The total compensation will be made up of industry-standard salary, bonus, and a significant equity position. A variable component based on sales and marketing metrics will be added, and is based on experience. We offer excellent benefits, work culture, and limitless career growth opportunities.
Position will be based at our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Position will require 40-60% travel. Frequent visits to prospect sites and existing customer sites throughout the region.