Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters – committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1200 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You love building scalable systems and the myriad of AWS services only fuels that love. You have a proven track record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms in AWS using Infrastructure as Code techniques including optimizing the cost of Cloud-based workloads. You have proficient hands-on Linux/Unix experience, and have a deep understanding over network technologies like VPC, DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, HTTP. You have built out and supported highly scalable systems through container and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc. You can champion best practices through the lens of cloud security. You have experience in designing and running a predictive alerting platform using monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Splunk, NewRelic, or DataDog. You have built out CI/CD pipelines and configuration management processes. You are fluent in at least one scripting language. Bonuses if you are certified on at least one: AWS DevOps Engineering, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
What the role is
In the Senior DevOps Engineer role, you will be an integral part of the infrastructure team, responsible for Production Servers, Dev Servers, Production Deploys, CI Systems, and Production Security.
In this role you will:
- Developing and owning best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Continue to automate (Infrastructure as code) the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- Shepherd zero-downtime deployment process through the use of continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features that provide value to our customers.
- Solve problems by working with the great engineering team to resolve large scale production issues
- Participate in on-call rotation.
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status