Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters – committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 95 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
This position is a new position in an emerging team allowing the position to help shape the tools and core Data Engineer processes as Drizly move forward.
- Maintain & Tune BI/DS databases and systems including Domo
- Build tools and features for developers to give windows into our BI systems.
- Build & Maintain AWS (cloud) infrastructure
- Build & Maintain data processing pipelines (e.g. click stream, CRM integrations, etc.)
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility role
- Plus other responsibilities as defined by manager
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Data engineering
- 2+ years of working with Hadoop, Hive, Spark or similar big data processing framework
- 1+ years Experience with a streaming/message exchange framework (Kafka, kinesis, Rabbitmq)
- 1+ years of Linux administration
- 1+. years managing cloud infrastructure
- Elastic Search
The Good Stuff
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks