Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters – committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1300 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You get people and you care deeply about the customer. You’re adept at leveraging consumer insights to develop content programs that drive credibility and build brand love. You understand the subtle nuances of digital media and content platforms and are fueled by what works within each and why.
You’re right and left-brained – a rare hybrid of creator, master organizer, and strategist. You’ve got an eye for aesthetics and are a natural writer, known for witty comebacks and your sense of humor. You thrive off of managing multiple projects at once and working across partners and teams to get stuff done.
You have a pulse on what’s socially and culturally relevant and a proven track record of success managing successful content programs. You have 7+ years of content/editorial experience with a brand team, ideally in ecommerce or bevalc, and a minimum of 2 years of management experience. Most of all, you are super energized to work for a fast-growing brand that’s changing the game in the alcohol industry.
What the role is
In this Senior Content Strategist role, you will be an integral part of the brand team at Drizly. You will be responsible for crafting the vision of our content strategy, building a team, and executing that vision. You will support the Brand Director in building out an impactful content program to guide the consumer journey – from building brand love to inspiring purchase. This is a critical role in bringing Drizly’s brand to life and driving performance against our core business objectives.
You’ll work closely with creative partners both externally and within the brand team, as well as partners across the organization such as SEO, Strategic Partnerships, Product and CRM. In launching a robust new content program, you’ll have the opportunity to directly shape Drizly’s positioning in the alcohol industry.
Please note: this role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.
Also note: Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Drive credibility, build brand love, and inspire purchase through the development of a multichannel content program, including editorial, social media, and video
- Establish, manage and optimize a content workflow and calendar to bring the program to life
- Partner with external and internal teams to concept and deploy content
- Create and lead development of impactful editorial content, playing the part of manager and editor
- Develop a measurement plan to inform the content strategy, continuously test new ideas and channels, and make ongoing optimizations
- Oversee Drizly’s content team, including partnering with our social media manager on the development of social strategy, in addition to external sourcing and management of freelance writers, creators, and talent
- Identify opportunities to integrate supplier and Retailer Partners into Drizly content to deliver on brand team objectives and create revenue opportunities
- Serve as a thought leader – keep tabs on trends, pop culture, and relevant cultural moments to inform new content ideas
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BEFORE YOU APPLY…
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.