At Lola.com, we’re on a mission to create the world’s most innovative, simple and fun (yes, FUN!) business travel apps — and the team is growing! Lola’s high-energy, collaborative and “wicked loving” culture has made it one of Boston’s hottest startups. With former executives from Kayak, HubSpot, TripAdvisor and CarGurus, there is no better place to build something from the ground up and grow your career.
This is a pivotal time in Lola’s growth, and we’re looking to hire a Sales Manager to recruit, manage, and lead a team of Corporate Travel Executives (Inside Sales). Success in this role will be measured in ways far beyond revenue generation, as the best leaders are able to develop future leaders.
Our ideal candidate is aligned with our values as a sales organization and also has:
- A strong track record of overachieving sales targets in a high velocity, high growth business focused on small and mid-sized businesses
- Experience in leading a consultative sales process and methodology which establishes themselves and their team as trusted advisors
- Proven experience in up-leveling their team(s) through leadership, team management, and impeccable coaching skills
- Acted as a talent magnet, with a consistent track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring successful teams
- Previous experience working in software, IT and/or SaaS industries
- Experience creating an inclusive team environment that fosters trust and a sense of empowerment
- A proven track record of change management and adaptability within an innovative and evolving organization
- A deep understanding of customer values, needs, and goals to design processes solving for customers first
- Strong analytical skills which are applied through a quantitative and qualitative approach to decision making and strategy
- Time management skills and attention to detail which allows for greater efficiency for themselves, their team, and the greater organization at large
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising and managing a sales team to meet monthly goals: activity, pipeline, forecasted opportunities, and revenue targets
- Creatively iterating upon our sales motion and go-to-market strategies, and driving new programs which help improve the sales organization
- Building skills, confidence, and trust with direct reports as well as providing developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Collaborating with other sales managers, directors, and executives across our sales organization
- Identifying and evaluating options in our technology stack to help generate additional efficiency
- Supervising and conducting training on skills improvement, the travel industry, and operational efficiency
- Building the team through recruiting, hiring and training world-class sales talent
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge of the corporate travel industry, and Lola.com’s place in it
- Understanding leadership training styles and applying to interactions with direct reports
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.