To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing happens at the intersection of software, mechanics, and materials. At Formlabs, we create all of our software, hardware, and materials in-house – which means working with a wide range of teams on a huge variety of technical challenges.
If you have that rare combination of skills that allows you to work across these complex fields, we want you to join the Form Team as a Research Scientist.
*Submitting a portfolio or examples of your work is strongly encouraged*
- Pioneer research for the next generation of digital fabrication products
- Synthesize the research efforts of hardware, software, and materials
- Get your hands dirty in all technical aspects of our products
- A talented researcher who loves to fit different fields together
- Possess a broad technical skill set including mechanical design, electronics, and programming
- Can dive into R&D and work on experimental design
- Love to harness data and statistical tools to optimize product development
- Excited to learn whatever you don’t already know
- Working knowledge of Python and C++
- Passion for material science
- Knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks)
- Experience working with 3D Printers
- Experience in optical systems