Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits.Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 70 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience and offer a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You have a super high EQ and have a unique ability to understand what people want, often before they know it themselves. A team player, you prefer to be an active participant and collaborate with other rather than watching from the bench. You are a super communicator, able to ask questions that get to root cause, distill the information into a cohesive narrative and clearly convey ideas to a variety of audiences. You are speedy – you are love to dive into a problem and quickly think through the best approach. A linear thinker, you are process driven; while flexible and open to pivoting – you have a clear user-centric design approach. You are a hard worker, an owner, and focus on results, not just putting in effort. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves. You are not easily phased – you know every fail is an opportunity to learn and be better. Naturally curious, you love to ask questions, look for the opportunity and do it with a smile on your face, because, well why not, because the world is fun and it’s pretty easy to be positive. You have an ability to partner with product managers and engineering, in part due to your technical abilities and analytical side.
You have at least 2 years experience in user experience, product design or related field in consumer tech working in a design sprint environment. If that time was spent in e-commerce, that is a plus. You have an online portfolio demonstrating innovation, and your design process. You have a high degree of fluency in using Sketch and similar design tools. You have experience designing for web both desktop and mobile – iOS and Android experience are a plus. You have a bachelor’s degree, ideally with a background in either product design, psychology, or human-computer interaction.
What the role is
This Product Designer is an integral part of a dynamic product design team that is changing the way alcohol is shopped, sold, and shared. It’s this role’s responsibility to:
- Conceive and conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Ability to sketch, wireframe, create user flows, sitemaps, apply visual design to wireframes, and all other UX and communication artifacts based on business requirements and constraints
- Create prototypes for stakeholder meetings, usability testing, and internal communication
- Storytelling – deliver qualitative and quantitative insights about people and behavior, both verbally and visually
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to iterate quickly on work, while ensuring that designs are implemented in full adherence to the prototypes and design specifications
- Ability to incorporate data-driven insights, user feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into user-centric designs
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in user experience, product design or related field. Consumer tech product design experience required. E-commerce experience a plus.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating innovation, and your design process
- Fluency in using Sketch and similar design tools
- Ability to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and user requirements while keeping a user-centric design approach
- Experience working in the constraints of a design sprint environment
- Able to work in collaborative environment as a team player who becomes an active and impactful member of the Drizly family
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong analytical and technical abilities
- Experience designing for web both desktop and mobile. iOS and Android experience are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally with a background in either product design, psychology, or human-computer interaction.