To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing print process team is a mix of mechanical, systems, and software engineers. We are the mad scientists that develop and maintain the Formlabs printing process. Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research and product develop Formlabs next generation printers and materials. We use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn goop into beautiful and accurate parts.
Do you love hacking and DIY projects? Are you obsessed with figuring out how to make a complex system work better? We want you to join our team as a Print Process Engineer.
- Design, build, and innovate new 3D printing techniques – from developing new printer architectures to validating minute changes in galvo control
- Work across teams to implement improvements to current products such as redesigning support structure algorithm based on experiment results
- Evaluate current printer performance for areas for improvement
- Design and execute experiments and use results to inform and develop improvements in software or hardware
- Tackle complex and open-ended problems across multiple engineering disciplines
- Are willing to question assumptions and back it up with data
- Able to work autonomously to research
- Have experience with experiment design and data analysis
- Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab
- Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks/OpenScad a plus)
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering field (all are welcome)
- A website or portfolio document showing off your current and past projects
- Previous work on a consumer product
- Developed physics-based models of complex systems