Do you dream in pattern libraries? Do you use “whiteboard” as a verb? Do the people who use your product speak to you, literally? If so, let’s talk.
We’re on a mission to bring delight to SaaS. To help lead the charge, we’re seeking an experienced, product focused Principal UX designer to join our growing UXD team. In this role you’ll have a hand in defining overall UX strategy and style, mentor less experienced team members, and be responsible for leading the day-to-day design and UX for one of our feature teams. You’ll think strategically, tactically, and collaborate with the Director of UX, your product manager, software engineers, and our customers to craft consumer-grade experiences.
We need someone that is as comfortable aligning C-level stakeholders as she is pushing pixels around in Sketch or creating InVision prototypes to run usability tests with our customers. We value people that push back with data and experience and who can juggle multiple projects and timeliness while still producing work that makes our customers think we practice magic. We’re looking to build a world-class UXD team, and this hire will be key a player in defining our UX and design culture.
- Lead UX efforts across your team, championing our customers while driving discussions, workshops, light prototyping, user testing and polished application designs
- Work with the Director of UX and Design to help define overarching product design strategy, pattern libraries and UX initiatives
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities while balancing both tactical (short term) and strategic (long term) goals and initiatives
- Be a mentor and thought leader within UX team and throughout the company
- Help us define our UX team and culture; bring new methodologies, perspectives, tools and best practices to change the way we work for the better
- Participate in design reviews with the UX team and other stakeholders; be able to present and articulate your work and give and receive feedback
- Grow – in your craft, in your responsibilities, and in your career
- An online portfolio showcasing first-rate design chops and solutions to big UX product problems
- 8+ year in a UX Designer or Product Designer role, with prior experience operating at a senior level
- Strategic, big-picture vision combined with tactical, GSD delivery
- Demonstrable skills facilitating workshops and running user testing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to plan and manage your own workload
- A Passion for UX and design trends and an understanding of UX and design best practices, and knowing which one to use
- An understanding of how the technology behind web applications work and the ability to know when to design within technology limits and when to push the limits for user delight
- Experience working within an Agile team environmentExpert in Sketch and online user testing and prototyping apps
- A love for beautiful product design and a track record to back it up
- Interaction/motion design experience
- A strong grasp of pop culture references