Panorama Education is a fast-growing Boston startup focused on helping K-12 schools improve through the power of data. Our mission is to ensure that every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. We currently serve more than 8,500 schools around the world, and we have raised $32mm in funding from Emerson Collective, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, YCombinator, Mark Zuckerberg, and others.
As Panorama’s operations manager, you will have two main responsibilities: managing high-stakes operations and supporting our CEO. As a member of the talent and operations team, you’ll help us grow our warm, tightly-knit, collaborative culture as well as execute critical processes for the company. You’ll partner with our CEO and colleagues to help them do their best work, and be at the front-line of a mission-driven technology company at an exciting time in its history.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Operations support:
- Manage talent processes such as setting up for new hires, celebrations of “Panoranniversaries,” benefits, payroll, visas, contractors, etc.
- Complete RFP submissions to help us win high-value contracts and serve educators and kids in the country’s largest school districts
- Project-manage our onboarding process (we’re growing quickly, and new team members join every few weeks!)
- Lead our client visitation program, ensuring that every team member visits a school district site to observe educators using our product
- Develop communications and Wiki pages so our team members can find what they need, when they need it
- Support and seek out new initiatives and projects in the talent and operations world
- CEO support:
- Coordinate meetings, arrange travel (lots of puzzle-piecing), and manage the CEO’s schedule so his time is maximized and he can best support the team
- Plan and execute projects, such as team off-sites and conference participation
- Think strategically and anticipate CEO needs given Panorama’s priorities
- Build relationships across the company and externally
You’re a great candidate if you:
- Love detail-oriented work and take pride in accuracy (especially when moving quickly)
- Have air-tight personal organization systems on paper or electronically that can handle a large volume and high variety of tasks and projects
- Operate with integrity and discretion in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Have experienced fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments with a high volume of communications in a variety of formats (in person, email, text, Slack, etc.)
- Are comfortable with Macs, Google Apps and the Google Suite
- Bring positive energy and sense of humor; you are flexible and love to help others
- Are curious and comfortable owning mistakes and learning from them
Even better if you have…
- Experience in supporting busy leaders of large organizations or offices
- Experience reviewing contracts or legislation or legal documents
- A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time professional work experience
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.