To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our 3D printers are mechanical engineering marvels that are challenging and exciting to develop. The mechanics are precise and full of clever mechanisms that drive tightly integrated systems. The designs need to be produced in high volumes while being built with beautiful aesthetics at an accessible price. Our mechanical engineers work on the entire life cycle of the products they create – from the first whiteboard sketch to the final ECO for their completed assemblies. We work quickly to prototype, test, and iterate, while collaborating closely with dozens of other engineers, spanning multiple disciplines across the company.
If you’re looking to lead and develop our rapidly growing team of talented mechanical engineers as we create next-generation digital fabrication technology, then we want you as our Manager of Mechanical Engineering.
- An expert mechanical engineer with strong domain knowledge and skills
- Taken electro-mechanical products through the product life cycle from concept to production
- Able to communicate fluidly across technical domains
- Developed complex technologies from early stages through production
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers
- Ready to lead in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance, evaluation, and facilitates career growth
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate work phases to hit schedules and make the engineering team efficient
- Hire and build the mechanical engineering functional group at Formlabs
- Responsible for delivering quality mechanical engineering work to many products
- Interface with other functional leaders for product development
- Determine project resource requirements, including schedule, staffing, budget, workspace, etc.
- Influence product strategy
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.