To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, builds and manufactures the mechanisms and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
If you want to help design and create the tools you would love to use yourself, we want you to join our team as a Mechanical Engineer.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your mechanical engineering work or projects is required.
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing
- Engineer the most amazing desktop 3D printer on the market
- Prototype new mechanisms, test materials, and research 3D printing challenges
- Create detailed designs in CAD and well-specified, accurate drawings
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
- Want to build a precision tool that is beautiful inside and out
- Enjoy the gritty details of part design, material selection and manufacturing techniques
- Craft elegant designs that function with efficiency and simplicity
- Use Solidworks to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- Can communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are familiar with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Can prototype your own designs
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Are hands-on and willing to cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer
- Electronics and circuit design
- PLM/document control systems
- Programming skills (Python)
- Industrial design