Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education.
Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
At Panorama, Outreach Partners (our internal name for SDRs) are responsible for executing on prospecting campaigns, generating and qualifying leads, and scheduling meetings with district administrators across the country. As Manager of Sales Development, you will play a central role in leading a cohort of this growing team. You’ll coach your team of Outreach Partners on prospecting strategy, executing effective discovery calls, and meeting monthly meeting goals, as well as support territory planning for the Sales team more broadly. As we quickly scale our Sales team, the Manager of Sales Development will drive the ongoing development of their team of Outreach Partners, helping them build the skills necessary to move into quota-carrying roles. You’ll also work closely with Marketing to inform demand generation strategy, build demand for Panorama’s products and execute successful events. This role reports to the Director of Sales Development.
In this role, you will:
- Coach a diverse sales team of 6-8 Outreach Partners and hire as the business scales
- Grow and inspire a positive, collaborative team culture
- Continuously sharpen our onboarding process by creating and improving training materials and processes
- Provide continuous support to Outreach Partners through live coaching, feedback on outbound prospecting campaigns, weekly 1x1s, and career development conversations
- Set a strategy for your team and track progress towards weekly, monthly and quarterly progress towards goals for your team, including call volume, meetings booked, and pipeline generation
- Support territory planning and strategy
- Create professional learning opportunities and contests for the Outreach Partner and broader Sales teams
- Work closely with our Marketing team on our marketing strategy (i.e. webinars, meetups, and conferences) to set us up to maximize pipeline generation
This job is for you if you have:
- 1-3 years sales management experience at a SaaS company
- Experience with onboarding and coaching as central parts of your role
- Experience training cohorts of interns or co-ops counts, too!
- A track record of goal achievement as both an individual contributor and manager
- Experience working with a primarily outbound Sales team
- Expertise with Salesforce, Hubspot, and Outreach.io (or a similar sales acceleration tool)
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or both!
- Experience managing a hiring process
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.