We’re a digital health startup on a worldwide mission to improve the lives of people with chronic conditions. juli was founded in March 2020 by serial entrepreneurs leveraging their expertise in artificial intelligence and data science to change chronic condition care for the better.
Several of us live with a chronic condition that we need to manage. For years we’ve hacked together solutions to find out what triggers episodes and what helps us get better. Because we couldn’t find anything on the market that consolidated all the data we tracked ourselves, we decided to create juli.
Great potential lies within all the health data we’re all already collecting about ourselves. We at juli strive to bring it all together!
As a product owner at juli you’ll be responsible for guiding a team of top people to implement solutions for our users and customers. In this particular role you’ll be working on a system to provide our customers with personalized recommendations on their health. You’ll build a interdisciplinary team of specialists to implement a solution which will captivate and engage the users of our juli app. This team may consist of data analysts from the health field, machine learning and recommendation engineers, senior software and DevOps engineers, beta users and many more you and your team consider necessary to reach this ambitious goal.
juli is a (currently) all-remote company with people working all around the world. Your position can be based anywhere, although we do prefer a strong familiarity with US healthcare for this particular position.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a high level of self-motivation and self-organization. Being motivated to help others, especially in the field of chronic health conditions would make you an excellent candidate. As we’re a growing company, new opportunities will unfold for you.
You’ll be joining a team of very talented and experienced people and a founder team that’s been successfully building and running startups for over 20 years.
You’ll be part of a product team which uses cutting-edge technology to build solutions that help people with chronic conditions improve their wellbeing.
- You’ll be part of the product management team and will further develop our product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- You’ll be able to run your product and your product team as an entrepreneur, working with your team to accomplish the strategic goals defined by the product roadmap.
- You’ll work with your team to find innovative, customer-oriented solutions.
- You’ll be the nucleus in this team connecting everyone, staying in tune with all the stakeholders, guarding the focus on the strategic goals and making sure everyone will be proud and happy about the results.
- Experience with modern product management and product development tools and methodologies: product flow, customer centricity, agile development methodologies and continuous delivery
- Experience in mobile apps as well as backend processes
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams
- Experience building products from concept to release
- Experience working with data and understanding of modern data management systems
- Experience working in the digital health or medical field
- Experience working directly with end users
- Fluency in English is a must, both written and verbal, any additional language is welcome
We also love:
- A medical and/or healthcare background
- Understanding of microservice-oriented architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience with DevOps and DevSec
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Hands-on mentality, excellent organization skills, strong interpersonal skills
What you can expect:
We have a mission – You will join a highly motivated and dedicated team in a digital healthcare startup on a worldwide mission to improve the lives of people with chronic conditions.
Work from anywhere – We hire people all over the world so we can work with the best talent. We offer part-time contracts.
We live diversity – Our founder team is 50% female and 50% male and we are led by one of the top female CEOs in tech.
Manage your own time – We work asynchronously whenever possible, we don’t clock time, we clock results.
Open culture – We are transparent in everything we do (though we offer our users privacy by design) and we share.