Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be there when it matters – committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 95 cities across North America to serve up competitive selection and pricing with a side of personalized content.
We care at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We care about our customer, and we care about our team. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century. There will be incredible challenges, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) – and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Drizly’s success hinges on knowing what is on the shelves of our partner retailers, in what quantities and at what prices. We do this by pulling data from the store’s Point Of Sale (POS) by developing custom data-collections scripts that run on a variety of operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux) and connect to a variety of data sources (MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgres, dBASE, Firebird). There is a high degree of problem solving, huge opportunities for automation and optimization, and a unique human element as we do our work on live point-of-sale systems often with store managers observing.
- Own and drive multiple projects through close coordination with retailer teams, internal teams, and 3rd parties.
- Connect remotely into store POS systems and install / write custom data extraction scripts.
- Write complex SQL queries to join tables, pull necessary fields, and export data to CSV.
- Maintain a code repository of scripts in git.
- Troubleshoot in-store networking issues (connecting to remote databases, firewall issues, outbound FTP issues, etc)
- Provide documentation and establish troubleshooting procedures for the retailers and internal teams.
- Work with our engineering team to integrate the extracted data into Drizly’s ecommerce platform.
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university is preferred but not required
- Three to five years of current IT Support Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Working knowledge of the command line and powershell/batch/bash scripting on Windows, OSX, and Linux.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and ability to work from the command line
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately.
- Familiarity with FTP
- Basic network troubleshooting skills
- Unlimited PTO and some flexibility to working hours
- Health, Vision and Dental plan
- Commuting reimbursement plan
- Snacks and drinks
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status