MassChallenge HealthTech is looking for an experienced, passionate and driven Program Director to plan and implement key activities in its program and manage team members. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Director will serve as a strategic partner in managing the program, working directly with the world’s best startups and partners to solve massive health challenges and implement best practices that accelerate the successful adoption of health innovation. Are you ready to make an impact on the digital health community?
In this position, you will be responsible for the delivery and execution of key accelerator activities including startup success and mentorship, special projects, programming, workshops, alumni, and investor activities. You will also work closely with all members of the team and contribute to partner deliverables, events, and marketing activities.
What You’ll Do
Program Success (Startup Success, Mentorship, Alumni, and Programming)
- Lead transition of program to evidence-based acceleration.
- Build, design, and apply efficient startup support systems prior to and during the accelerator.
- Manage MassChallenge’s mentorship program, connecting startups to mentors in a “match-made” structure.
- Develop and manage communications (newsletter, social) and onboarding for mentors, judges, and other HealthTech stakeholders.
- Further develop and implement MassChallenge alumni and fundraising (investor) programs.
- Lead strategy and support all accelerator-related activities, including curriculum, programming, mentorship, startup services, alumni and fundraising.
- Help develop and implement new product offerings to meet the needs of MCHT’s partners and the ever-changing innovation landscape.
- Serve as a key advisor to partners regarding startup collaboration strategy and ensure that partners are meeting the milestones and goals of the program.
- Create and execute high-impact, curated event and exposure opportunities to integrate partners into the healthcare startup and innovation community.
- Oversee research, development, publishing, and dissemination of best practices and insights to share with members of the HealthTech community.
- Partner with the Managing Director and Operations Manager to set and execute strategic priorities for the MassChallenge HealthTech program.
- As a people manager, build a strong relationship with your direct report(s), understand their career and life goals, set quarterly goals with them linked to business priorities, and regularly listen to, coach, motivate and recognize them.
- Collaborate with MassChallenge team members in partnerships, marketing, operations, events, startup services, and research to ensure effective service delivery and to integrate the larger MC team into the HealthTech program strategy.
- Work with the headquarters’ Events team and Partnerships team to curate high-quality event and partner experiences that foster a strong HealthTech community in support of our mission to improve lives through entrepreneurship.
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have 5 – 7 years of experience in product, account management, operations, entrepreneurship, healthcare, and/or consulting. A mix of experience in these fields is celebrated, we recognize that your growing and changing career path will set you up for success in this role.
- You have experience as an engaging and motivating people manager. You are capable of setting priorities and goals for others, removing barriers to success, coaching and providing regular and direct feedback, communicating important business information, leading by example in following policies and processes, and enabling growth and career development.
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit and mindset and passionate about improving health.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to connect and engage with stakeholders at varying levels and can influence people intelligently by understanding their agendas and how MassChallenge can respond to those agendas.
- You are able to manage multiple projects at one time and have strong attention to detail.
- You have a desire to be strategic and to execute and bring equal enthusiasm for both day-to-day execution tasks and bigger picture projects.
- You have confidence to think outside the box and suggest ideas both big and small to foster our environment of continuous improvement.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and regions around the world. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact – driving growth and creating value the world over.
How We Work
We envision a creative and inspired society in which everyone recognizes that they can define their future and is empowered to maximize their impact. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help catalyze a global renaissance.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this job.
Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community we serve. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.