Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving nine million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
Our very first dedicated Head of Tech Recruiting will own the build out of a technical recruiting team to support the major scale up of our engineering, product, and design teams. Panorama competes for talent with the best engineering organizations in Boston; our Head of Tech Recruiting will build Panorama’s brand as the next best up and coming company to work at where techies get to build a complex product and make a large scale, meaningful impact. This role will report to our VP of People.
In this role, you will:
- Be at the forefront of Panorama’s ambitious and fast growth, taking deep accountability for building and coaching a high performing recruiting team and tech teams that thrive; you’re not just filling seats, you’re building a culture of excellence
- Be hands on in simultaneously building your team and the engineering, product, and design teams, context switching from high level team mapping with hiring managers to executing sourcing emails and coordinating interviews
- Articulate, elevate and amplify Panorama’s brand as a top SaaS company to work for
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Talent & People team to ensure that the candidate experience is positive, unique to Panorama, seamless, and translates into a long-term retention plan
This role is for you if:
- You have built a technical recruiting team in the past OR you have played an integral lead role in supporting someone else to do it and you’re ready to take your first official “Head of” role
- You thrive in a role where you’re switching from high level, strategy planning to hands-on recruiting in a beat
- You have deep experience hiring top tier engineering, product, and design talent in a startup or fast growing software company, owning full cycle recruitment
- From scouring the deepest parts of the internet to source engineers, to coordinating complex interview schedules, and closing highly sought-after talent
- You understand the impact and value of a diverse team and diversity sourcing/structured interviews play a huge role in your practice
- You have an established presence in the tech scene and know all the latest trends and happenings; you know where and when to be to capture the attention of tech talent
- You are an experienced and well-respected partner to your hiring managers; you take great pride in hiring the best talent and watching them succeed in the long-term
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.