We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
The software development team is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and eager-to learn intern to help us continue to build the industry-leading online marketplace for solar. You will work in a startup environment where you will expand your skills and get hands-on experience contributing to an active multi-sided web platform.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel.
Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Support integrations of third party tools (analytics, real-time communications, solar data providers, CRM, etc.)
- Field ad hoc data reporting queries, and implement tools to facilitate future data reporting
- Work with the VP of Engineering and the developer team to tackle new challenges as they arise
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate junior or senior or master’s candidate working towards computer science degree or related field
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
- Curious, quick learner, self-starter
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly and pitch in where needed
- Experience with at least some of the tools we use:
- Django or other modern MVC web framework
- Elegant, maintainable cross-device HTML and CSS
- Unit testing, QA, debugging skills
- SQL databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Git or other modern VCS tools
- REST APIs (consumer & provider; e.g., how much solar power can your roof
- Docker, Ansible, CI, DevOps tools
Interested? We hope so!