Software is at the center of our product development – it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
Formlabs continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. In addition to the user-facing side, our software also determines the machine movements required to generate a physical object from a digital model. We use code to control multiple actuators, sensors, and a high precision laser system. Producing perfect 3D prints requires developers who have a deep understanding of the electromechanical process.
If you have the engineering background to understand the physics of our printer, and are excited to use your software expertise to improve our product, we have the perfect challenge for you.
Join us as a Software Engineer.
- Take experimental software features from research into production
- Collaborate across engineering disciplines to improve our product
- Write software to implement production algorithms and print process improvements
- Are a serious programmer with excellent C++ and Python programming skills
- Can architect applications and integrate new features into a large code base
- Have shipped production-ready code to tens of thousands of users
- Can quickly build internal tools to improve how we test and experiment
- Excited to work on improving toolpath generation (move lasers, move motors)
- Equipped to improve existing print algorithms (layout, orient, support structures)
- An interdisciplinary engineer who is endlessly curious about “how things work”
- Can lead projects that cut across software, engineering, and research teams
- Passionate about making the best 3D printer in the industry
- Computational geometry or OpenGL
- Software development with Qt
- Degree or work experience in a physical engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, robotics, optics, material science)