To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the critical component that ties these teams together. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll work closely with electrical engineers, systems engineers and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real world products, we want you to join the Form Team as an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications from inception to release
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and ultimately push the limits of 3D printing
- Collaborate with a stellar team of multidisciplinary engineers to constantly enhance the user experience of our products
- Have 3+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Passionate about firmware and embedded electronics
- Expert knowledge of C++, comfortable working with C and Python
- Confident in writing, testing, and debugging low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development experience in Unix environments
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
- A quick and intuitive problem-solver able to make decisions independently
- Driven by a desire for excellence and a sense of ownership
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.