The Grommet is a launch platform for early-stage consumer products. We are reshaping how products become successful and how people discover, share, influence, and buy products online. Every single day we reveal one new Maker story to our community and this would not be possible without the behind the scenes work that happens on the Discovery Operations Team. From documenting information in our back end systems, to coordinating video, images, and copy, to reviewing the final pages our daily launch reveals happen because of this team. We are looking for someone who is interested in learning the ins and outs of an ecommerce business to support our day to day operations.
In this role you will be the internal champion for new Makers working with them throughout the launch process and collaborating with our creative team. You will foster close working relationships with the Discovery Managers, Media team, and Copywriters by strengthening our systems, advancing our processes, and elevating our launches. Each Discovery Associate is thoroughly trained to handle launch responsibilities, interact with our makers and prepared to contribute on cross-functional projects across the organization. The product of your work is an e-commerce-enabled Maker story that lives on our Product Launch Platform, and creates success for our Makers.
- Have excellent instincts for storytelling and a passion for making exemplary video content
- Develop vision and strategy on the content side to assure successful Grommet launches.
- Communicate with Makers via email and phone to ensure we have the information we need to successfully tell their brand story. This includes reaching out for video footage, photos, and product details.
- Contribute to the build of our sku assortment by checking spec sheets and passing finalized sku information off to our Site Operations team.
- Document all necessary information about the product assortments and brand story to share with our creative teams.
- Supply direction to content team on story points, brand messaging, historical perspectives, alternative uses for products.
- Lead our insights and content handoff meetings
- Help the team evaluate products by supporting us with testing, data collection and evaluation.
- Maintain and track our production schedule to ensure that all of our live on site timelines are met.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. This is an entry-level role.
- Has a passion for consumer products, entrepreneurship and new to market ideas.
- Self-motivated and information-seeking individual who can work independently, but also collaboratively.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively work on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines.
- Strong affinity for details and amazing organizational skills.
- Exceptional time and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
Some of the Good Stuff:
- Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We’re building a disruptive product launch platform and we’re dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It’s perfect for gift giving.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and yearly bonus incentive plan based on performance
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why you are good fit for this position?
- What is your ideal career path over the next few years?
- Why you are suited to work in a start up?