Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of global payment solutions.
We are seeking an experienced People leader to support our next chapter of growth! This role will be both strategic and hands-on, improving organizational effectiveness and design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching, and driving excellence throughout our organization.
As Flywire’s Director of People & Culture, you will partner with the business (your clients) throughout the planning and execution of FlyMate (employee) programs, tying them back to business strategy and planning. You will also help lead the P&C function, which includes employee relations, internal communications, culture, talent management, organizational change, training and development, operations, and compensation. A successful candidate will connect with FlyMates at all levels, possess excellent communication skills and a strong business acumen, and be excited to collaborate across multiple geographies.
- Work with senior management and the P&C team to develop and implement P&C plans and solutions
- Partner with the business on organizational design, talent, and skills assessment and development
- Provide coaching to our managers and senior leadership team
- Assess training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and FlyMate experience in order to recommend systemic improvements
- Partner with the business on the talent management process
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling
- Work with people managers and FlyMates to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests
- Work with business groups to assess, create, and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group
FlyMate Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in human resources, psychology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a leadership role with knowledge and experience in People & Culture and/or business partner functions
- Previous employee relations and talent assessment experience
- Experience with compensation planning, negotiation, and implementation
- Excellent business acumen
- An ability and desire to own a space, provide thought leadership, and catalyze results
- Proficiency in assessing talent
- Work experience in a scaling start-up
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing, and problem solving
With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.