Website 6 River Systems
6 River Systems is seeking a Director of Supply Chain and Manufacturing to qualify, develop and manage our emerging supplier and manufacturing capabilities. This includes sourcing, qualification, contract negotiation, and quality. We have a strong team in place already and a contract manufacturer who does final assembly of our robots today.
Successful candidates are natural self-starters and leaders who have prior experience in new product introduction, contract manufacturing, and supplier and/or technology sourcing. Candidates must be able to think long term about future needs and then execute short term plans to achieve the bigger strategic goals. This person should take a diplomatic and collaborative approach, seeking out both internal and external stakeholders and working with them as partners to successfully introduce process and systems. Ability to effectively manage change throughout a quickly growing organization is a key skill for success.
- Qualify, select, and manage and source key suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Develop and manage strong strategic relationships with our key suppliers and business partners to reduce cost, compress project lifecycles, and advance product quality
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies to optimize costs and ensure continuity of supply, ensuring cost efficient supply of all components
- Drive continuous improvement programs in support of quality, delivery and cost performance metrics
- Build and lead a team during high growth through recruiting, coaching and people development
- Work cross-functionally with other organizations to improve processes.
- Oversee/develop procurement plans to align with scheduling and planning of robot deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 12+ years of experience in supply chain function or closely related
- Hands on experience with top-tier ERP systems
- Established track record with evidence of excellent people management, project management, problem-solving, collaborative, leadership and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and follow up
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with a wide range of roles and responsibilities
Up to 25% travel expected