Website 6 River Systems
6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation. Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
We are searching for a director of marketing who can contribute immediately and build a team as the company grows. This is a “first hire” for marketing, with responsibilities for brand, corporate, and product marketing along with communications. The expectation is that you bring in relevant industry experience, learn quickly, and work both independently and across the organization effectively. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate and lasting impact on the development of our company, brand, and messaging and will report directly to the CEO.
- Develop and implement brand and market strategy for the company and product
- Create and maintain the company website and social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Lead marketing communications activities, including writing and distributing press releases
- Design marketing collateral for customer and public distribution
- Identify, prioritize, and manage participation in key industry trade shows, conferences, and press events
- Respond to press and media outlet inquiries
- Assist in the development of outbound marketing and lead generation activities
- Research competitors and maintain current knowledge of industry trends
- Prepare presentations for Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Experience in supply chain, warehouse, or automation industry
- Experience with VC-backed startups, cost accounting, and contract manufacturing a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7-15 years of experience. MBA or engineering degree a plus.
Competitive salary and equity. Excellent benefits and limitless career growth opportunities
Position will be based at our headquarters in Waltham, MA
Occasional travel to support trade shows, conferences, and press events.