MassChallenge is looking for a driven, highly organized individual to play a pivotal role across the FinTech and HealthTech vertical programs as the Program Director of MassChallenge FinTech and HealthTech.
You will be responsible for the overall management of MassChallenge HealthTech (MCHT) and MassChallenge FinTech (MCFT) programs, also referred to as our vertical programs. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Vertical Programs, you will lead and drive operational planning and execution for both programs including key milestones such as Startup Sourcing and Matchmaking. You will play a key role in driving alignment across MCFT and MCHT and work with the HQ team and the SVP, Vertical Programs to drive alignment with the early-stage programs as well.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
A note on location: this position will be based out of our Boston, MA office which is currently closed because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. It is highly likely that this position starts virtual/remote which means you can be located anywhere in the U.S. to start while working east coast hours. We anticipate opening the office no earlier than September 7, 2021, at reduced capacity and with strict safety measures in place. Once our office opens, you would be expected to come in, and at this time we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
What You’ll Do
Program Strategy & Execution
- Support SVP, Vertical Programs with overall management and execution of the MCHT and MCFT programs.
- Oversee the development of quarterly and annual planning for the team and manage team against critical milestones and timelines.
- Oversee operational planning and execution of program activities including Startup Sourcing, Online Judging, Partner Judging, Matchmaking, Offers and Goals & Milestones.
- Set KPIs and goals for the programs.
- Lead process improvement feedback collection (from partners, startups and experts), execute on highest priority process improvements within Verticals and share key learnings across other departments.
Team Leadership, Management, & Collaboration
- Ensure the development of action plans with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Support SVP with overall team strategy, key decision-making and cross-departmental alignment.
- Define role clarity and manage team capacity for a 10-15 person team.
- Drive alignment across MCFT and MCHT by identifying joint execution opportunities.
- Manage 3 employees within the Vertical team (2 Managers, 1 Associate).
- Own budget planning, budget management and budget tracking for Vertical Programs.
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have 7-10 years of work experience, with a preferred experience in project management, operations, consulting.
- You have experience in the financial services and/or healthcare sector and understand the key trends, terminology and technology of the industry.
- You have exceptional project leadership and management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- You excel at maximizing team productivity and building fact-based, comprehensive business cases and proposals.
- You are an engaging and motivating people manager. You are capable of setting priorities and goals for others, removing barriers to success, coaching and providing regular and direct feedback, communicating important business information, leading by example in following policies and processes, and enabling growth and career development.
- You are capable of dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities and circumstances.
Who We Are
We believe that entrepreneurs are the engine of the economy and can change the world by solving the world’s most important problems. MassChallenge was founded with a singular purpose – to make it as easy as possible for entrepreneurs to launch and grow new ventures. We bring people and organizations together to accelerate high-potential startups across all industries and from anywhere in the world. We are global, outcome-focused, and take no equity. To date, more than 2,400 MassChallenge alumni from around the globe have raised over $6.2 billion in funding, generated over $3 billion in revenue, and created over 157,000 total jobs. MassChallenge is headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas.
Whether you’ve never heard of an accelerator, you’ve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
- Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge FinTech.
- Partner: An organization that has teamed up with MassChallenge to collaborate on achieving their own innovation-related goals and learn best practices for working with and integrating startups into their organization.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a match for this job.
Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community we serve. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.