We are Alyce – an ambitious, fast-growing start-up with our HQ office in Boston, USA.
We create measurable human-to-human engagement and ROI-focused customer delight through a modern, AI-powered corporate gifting platform. It aggregates corporate gifting spend to maximize marketing measurability, sales productivity, and business results. And we make gift-giving simple, personal, and measurable. Alyce gift recipients have the power of choice to accept their gift, exchange for another, or donate the value of their gift to charity. We help companies build real, human relationships with prospects, clients, partners, and employees through personalized gifts.
We believe in open and transparent communication within the team. We are building an environment that is open, respectful, and supportive. While we all have our own preferences, personalities, objectives, and goals, we are one team that is building something great together – the solution, that delivers real results to our customers. Our differences make us collectively better.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Alyce Team is looking for an individual based in the US (east coast preferred, Boston highly preferred) to lead DevOps and help scale our business.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, this role is a spotlight position within our technical organization and will also enable you to gain exposure into the fast-pace phase of an early stage SaaS company with ample opportunities for career growth. We are looking for hard-working, competitive and self-driven individuals who are looking for an opportunity to apply their skills to drive deep impact in our technical organization to create the best application environment.
You are someone who is excited by the prospect of growing a global team while managing an increasingly complex work program and simultaneously providing technical leadership and strategic direction for DevOps and Engineering as a whole.
How you’ll make Alyce amazing:
- Lead DevOps in the US
- Work with Engineering Leaders to design, develop and deploy our infrastructure as we add new products, features and services
- Configure and manage Linux-based tools
- Work with Alyce’s platform (built in the cloud) — GCP experience preferred, but AWS welcomed
- Champion best practices and standards within the team and in the broader technical organization
- Drive results in an environment that leverages modern application development (such as Docker, Kubernetes, PaaS and SaaS services)
- Work with the Product team to align the product roadmap with the plans for Alyce’s platform infrastructure
- Work with team members to ensure the safety of Alyce’s users’ data as well as compliance with GDPR, PCI, etc.
- Make great technical decisions at a fast pace
How you will uplevel Alyce:
- Past experience working in a remote environment with off-shore teams
- You communicate clearly, enjoy learning, deploying and scaling new technologies and acting as proponent of automation/infrastructure as code
- Past experience or familiarity working with AI, Machine Learning, Big Data
- A desire to meet – if not exceed – measurable performance goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Natural curiosity and an aptitude for challenging the status quo to push yourself and those around you to be better
Our Tech Stack:
- Infrastructure: JIRA, GitLab, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, AWS, Terraform, Helm
- Frontend: React, Redux, Typescript, styled, RxJS, Webpack, Yarn, Vue.js
- Backend: PHP, Go, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Laravel, Symfony
- QA/AT: Kotlin, Groovy