Website Covalent Networks, Inc.
We are seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to engage with our largest and most strategic prospective customers. You will have an opportunity to interface with the most innovative industrial businesses (e.g., aerospace, automotive, chemical, etc.) in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. A hard-working self-starter will have the opportunity to grow with the business under the guidance of the leadership team. This role is a great way to jumpstart a career in SaaS, sales, and start-ups. The position is based in Boston, MA.
Sales Development Representatives will help Covalent deliver value to the market and build long lasting partnerships. They use prospecting strategies to identify and research prospects, create outreach strategies, and initiate the first outreach with potential customers. Their goal is to find qualified, prospective customers interested in our solution and connect them with our sales team. Activities include:
- Initiate contact with new potential customers through outbound prospecting (40-60 activities per day over phone & email)
- Educate new potential customers on Covalent’s solution, while identifying their needs and qualifying their interest
- Build an account-based sales plan, including target accounts, with sales leadership
- Test new marketing and sales channels, using data to guide decision-making
- Support the founding team with existing high-value opportunities, taking day-to-day actions bringing these to a close
- 1+ years working with B2B customers
- Self-starter that brings a lot of energy, enthusiasm, competitive spirit, & ambition to work
- Strong track-record of success in whatever you have pursued
- Previous sales, BD, or customer-success experience
- A strong desire to begin a sales career in technology
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Coachable and open to feedback in hopes of gaining ongoing professional growth
- An interest in driving change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in industrial or quality controlled environments a plus
Why join us?
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. To do so, we provide purpose-built software for technical training programs in industrial settings. Our platform facilitates on-the-job learning and evaluations, validating proficiency for skilled workers, such as production operators and technicians. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We are early, scrappy and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Help drive forward a critical component of the business
- Work directly with company leadership
- Opportunities for professional development and fast career growth
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Dog-friendly HQ in Boston’s Seaport district – 5 minute walk from South Station