Catch is creating the first personal, portable benefits platform built for the future of work. We serve people who don’t get benefits from an employer: freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time and other non-traditional workers who need a safety net.
We’re looking for driven and mission-forward people to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
Catch is the first company in the world to do banking, investment, and insurance in one place. As someone passionate about compliance, you’ll be pumped at the opportunity to build an entirely new system managing requirements across regulated spaces. We’re tech forward, and you love using tools and smart systems to make compliance modern and built in to business operations.
As a Compliance Manager, you’ll:
- Organize requirements across banking, investment and health insurance
- Create and manage a schedule of reporting and due diligence
- Stay up to date on changing rules and regulations
- Ensure the team is trained and prepared to act in ethical and compliant ways
Because technology is the core of what you do, you’ll:
- Try to find ways to automate compliance and security requirements in the product and on the team
- Work with engineers and designers to ensure new features are compliant before launch
- Report directly to the COO and manage all budget needs for compliance
- Use tools and dashboards to communicate compliance status organization-wide
Some skills we’re looking for in our Compliance Manager
- Flexible and adaptable mindset that recognizes the importance of the spirit of compliance
- Diligent attention on consumer protection and compliance as a means to ensure ethical behavior
- Preferred consumer technology experience (SaaS, agile product methodology)
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
- Comfort with compliance and regulation and ambiguous implementation guidance
- Ability to spot gaps and create plans to manage business risk
- Passion for growing a startup business and team
Because Catch is the first company of its kind operating in banking, investment, and insurance, it’s unlikely that you have exactly (or all of) the expertise you may need in this role. That’s ok! We’re eager to find people who want to learn fast, explore new areas, and build a strong and reliable business.
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
– Competitive salary and equity
– Medical, dental, & vision insurance
– Life insurance and disability benefits
– 401k w/matching
– Apple equipment
– Commuter subsidies
– Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.