Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 95 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) – and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are interesting in joining a sales team and feel capable researching prospective customers, creating outreach strategies, and identifying sales opportunities. You’ll be talking with potential customers and conducting initial conversations, identifying how Drizly could help their business grow with our help. You are goal-oriented and super-driven. You get energized by challenges and a ‘No’ makes you want to work that much harder for a ‘YES’. You are persistent – not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the work, because you are committed to the work and LOVE to win. You are a team player, but it isn’t driven by ego – you aren’t out there throwing ‘bows. For you, a real win is one where the entire team is winning together. You are a super communicator, incredibly outgoing and successful at building rapport, relating to all kinds of people. You’re patient – especially when it comes to taking the time to share something technical with those that aren’t. You bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do. The thought of spending your days on the phone and researching customers energizes you.
The best candidates have had a proven track record with 1-2 years working experience in a sales environment. However, we are also interviewing candidates right out of college who have demonstrated a strong collegiate track record and who demonstrate the above qualities we are looking for.
What the role is
In this Business Development role, you will be an integral part of our retail team responsible for:
– Conducting high volume prospecting (~50 – 60 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
– Working closely with Sales Reps to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
– Scheduling discovery meetings for Sales Reps to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership with Drizly
– Building up strong business acumen. You’ll learn how a variety of businesses operate within the alcohol industry, what challenges they face, and how Drizly can help them.
– Seting yourself up for a successful career by learning how to become a great sales person, leader and executive.
This is a role working in our Boston HQ and requires ZERO travel, and requires a LOT of phone time. This role requires excellent time management and organizational skills.
In this role you will
– Become an expert of the retail alcohol industry
– Gain full cycle sales experience
– Utilize Salesforce to grow and manage a robust sales pipeline
– Contribute towards ambitious team goals
The Good Stuff
– Flexible vacation policy
– Commuter benefits
– 401(K) Plan
– Added perks
The Other Stuff
NOTE: TO SHOW YOU’LL GO THE EXTRA MILE, PLEASE IDENTIFY AND REACH OUT TO THE RETAIL SALES MANAGER DIRECTLY, AND REFERENCE YOUR INTEREST IN THIS ROLE.