To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Operations team is looking for someone who will oversee the daily facilities operations of our 70,000 SF (and growing), three-building campus to ensure the functional capability of the space. If you’re excited to manage the overall function of the facilities team and facility management, including managing subcontractors, coordinating with other site staff, and conducting repairs and maintenance, we want you as our Building Manager.
- Monitor, check, and assess building facilities regularly, by conducting facilities inspections and following proper procedures to ensure our facilities meet company and legal safety regulations
- Provide general facility support by fulfilling routine maintenance work; such as adding and updating electrical, improvements to HVAC, moving office equipment and furniture or repairs
- Develop site-specific work procedures and processes to manage the grounds, maintenance, and other assigned areas (i.e. mail and package delivery)
- Successfully resolve any facilities issues that may arise with no disruption to business operations
- Oversee third-party service providers who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day management of the facility, such as waste management and safety contractors
- Partner with building engineers and contractors for project management, annual checks, and ad hoc maintenance needs
- Work collaboratively with the Operations team to plan, operate, maintain and improve the physical work spaces
- Review and approve maintenance, repair, engineering, and utility invoices of the work performed by contractors
- Keep records of any equipment or supplies needing replacement, as well as respond to any work orders
- Maintain building inventory up to date, as well as facilities equipment making sure equipment is operable
- 3+ years of facilities management experience or general contracting experience
- Have excellent project management skills
- Are highly detail oriented with superb organizational skills
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to jump into anything
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and pivot quickly
- Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or HVAC/Refrigeration training is required
- Professional facilities experience, preferably at a life sciences company
- Have the ability to lift 50+ pounds
Bonus Skills (Optional):
Facilities Training Credentials such as:
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
- Facility Engineer Credential Maintenance: Electrical, Mechanical, Fire, Plumbing & Civil.
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- OSHA Training Certification
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.