Software is at the center of our product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
Formlabs’ software team continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. Fine-tuning the geometry of models in space is one of the most complex challenges our Software Team tackles — such as: Path planning and tool path generation, motor control for the printer, print success estimation (failure mode detection, typically using FEA/FEM, computational fluid dynamics, etc.), geometry (mesh slicing, polygon arithmetic, mesh repair and generation), support structure generation, printer/desktop dissemination , and dynamic, real-time print failure detection (computer vision, machine learning).
If you are a talented engineer who is excited to dive into with 3D geometric algorithms and other challenging problems, we want you on the Software Team as an Algorithms Engineer. In this role you will report to your head of software.
- Develop world-class desktop 3D printer software with a focus on geometric algorithms
- Guide the development of cutting-edge software features from inception to release
- Bring innovative features to our users from underlying algorithms to intuitive user interface
- Deveop in C++ object oriented design and development
- Have developed 3D graphics or computational geometry
- Love to study computer science journal articles
- Fearlessly face algorithms
- Work seamlessly with a diverse team of developers, engineers, and designers
- Have initiated and completed complex projects, alone and on time
- Are ready to routinely ship bulletproof software to thousands of customers
- Experience with solid mechanics or FEM (Finite Element Method)
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.