Website Affera, Inc.
Affera, Inc. is a venture-backed medical device start-up developing an innovative system to treat heart rhythm disorders. Founded by leaders in the medical device industry, we are a highly selective team whose aim is to have a major impact on developing a breakthrough, life-saving technology.
We are looking to hire an energetic, resourceful and multi-talented individual to join our business operations team. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, this position will focus on meeting company-wide goals and objectives in a fast-paced environment through taking ownership of day-to-day operations across multiple departments.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, organized self-starter with an interest in start-ups and a “no job is too big or too small” attitude. This is a great opportunity to become a core team member of a fast-growing company.
- Assist with various HR, Recruiting and Onboarding processes, including sourcing and screening candidates, maintaining the applicant pipeline, and identifying new channels for finding talent
- Assist with Purchasing and Accounts Payable operations such as purchase order/invoice recordkeeping and tracking, Quickbooks maintenance, and facilitating/tracking down payment approvals
- Assist with controlled inventory maintenance and maintain organized paper system for Quality Department files
- Maintain office and common areas, taking inventory of office, kitchen and lab supplies, placing orders when needed
- Manage various shipping and receiving operations for controlled product.
- Coordinate office visits and meetings, act as first point of contact for visitors
- Provide administrative support to CEO and upper management
- Coordinate international and domestic travel for all employees
- Coordinate internal and external company events
- Additional responsibilities and projects as designated by Business Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree required and 1-5 years of professional working experience
- Experience in office administration/office management preferred, either full-time or from internship experience
- Some experience in HR and/or Hiring and Recruiting preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment and an ability to push projects forward independently
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, Excel
- Experience with cloud-based software a plus – CRM, ERP, document control system
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
- This position is open to both full and part-time job seekers, competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Medical benefits, competitive PTO and 401k available to full-time employees
- Work with a great team of driven, successful and passionate professionals
- Get your foot-in-the-door to the start-up industry!