Salsify is currently seeking a results-driven Account Manager that has the unique ability to build ongoing customer relationships while carrying a quota of upsells and renewals. You will be joining a team of 3 and will report to the Director of Account Management.
More about Salsify:
73% of consumers say that rich product content is the single most important factor in their product search and purchase decisions. The digital supply chain is changing and Salsify is at the forefront of this shift addressing the complex needs for brands and retailers. Salsify helps brands, retailers & distributors shorten time to market, enable more distribution channels and accelerate sales through the optimization, exchange and syndication of rich product content.
Salsify is backed by top tier venture capitalists and is experiencing high growth. Come be part of the team.
- Understand the importance of product content in today’s consumer driven market and Salsify’s product content management platform to successfully articulate Salsify’s value to our customers
- Develop strong relationships with our customers at the VP / Director level, understanding their business goals, strategy and challenges, to develop a joint strategic roadmap
- Work with Salsify’s Sales team and Customer Success team to ensure customers are successfully onboarded, continually engaged, getting value out of the platform and are up to date on product enhancements and our areas of investment
- Identify areas of opportunity/upsell in the customer’s organization, dollarize these opportunities and sell
- Negotiate and close contract renewals, ensuring the account management team renewal goal and individual quota goal are achieved
- BS, BA degree or equivalent is required
- 2-3 years experience in a customer facing sales / account management position at a SaaS or technology company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work cross-functionally with both internal stakeholders (Customer Success, Sales, Product Management, Marketing) and external stakeholders (Executive buyers, IT, Marketing, Sales, etc)
- High level of organization is crucial – you will be managing 50 – 75 customers
- Some travel required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- Ability to present in person, on the phone, and via web conference to senior executives
- Experience developing relationships with customers’ senior management by speaking in terms of business value
- Ability to conceptualize business ideas with visuals including a good understanding of MS Powerpoint
- Salesforce.com experience is preferred