We’re expanding a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of world-class software organizations. To us, sales isn’t pitching a vision, closing a decision maker and then handing them a product; it’s providing an amazing experience centered around helping a prospect to make the right buying decision.
As an Account Executive at Appcues, you will take our buyers on a journey from discovering if Appcues can help them achieve their goals, to assisting them in testing and configuring our software, to finally, helping them purchase Appcues. The first-class experience you provide will meaningfully impact our brand perception and lead us to win in competitive situations. Apply if you’re passionate about being a part of a great team, delivering an exceptional sales experience, and believe helping is the new selling.
Your typical day might include:
- Prospecting – We are an inbound sales organization so while no cold outbound is required, you want to make sure you always have a pipeline full of active deals.
- Collaborating – You can expect to strategize daily with the sales team, product team, and leadership on closing and accelerating deals.
- Researching – Many of our prospects have a free trial. When working a new account, you’ll try their product so that you can offer tailored tips via email and to guide discussion during your demos.
- Demoing – A typical first call at Appcues runs 45 minutes and covers qualification, discussion of best practices, a demo of the product, and co-creating a plan on how to evaluate Appcues.
- Following up – Following up on best practices and helping to unblock a trialer who may be struggling with the product is key to accelerating the sales cycle. Great follow up starts with understanding what a prospect wants to achieve.
- Closing – You will own helping a prospect buy Appcues and become a customer. You will own negotiation and introduce new customers to our Customer Success Team to ensure a great experience continues after the handoff.
- Learning – Few companies have run a data-driven, product-focused sales process successfully at this stage of business. Every day you’ll learn more about our product, what leads to results for our customers, and what’s working and not working in your process.
You might be a great fit if:
- You believe at your core that solving for the success of Appcues customers is the best lever to drive team and personal success.
- You’re excited about working in a startup-vibe, wearing many hats and taking ownership of solving problems without being asked.
- You’re technically astute and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and hop on the phone with a prospect who needs support-style help.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people.
- You have 1+ years of prior closing experience
100% remote – We don’t have an office which ensures all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Home office and tech budget – We offer a $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.