- This event has passed.
Venture Café: Social + Impact Connect 2018
Thursday, November 29, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Save the date for Venture Cafe’s Social + Impact Connect mini-conference taking place on November 29th, 2018.
Social + Impact Connect recognize and celebrate innovators and companies looking to solve big problems as ‘social impact’ or ‘impact enterprises’. This special ‘conference night’ event seeks to bring together the brightest minds who are building, funding and innovating to Solving the world’s toughest problems in the Greater Boston area.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
CALL FOR PANELS & TALKS
- Does your organization operate in the social impact or impact enterprise space and has its finger on the pulse of what’s next?
- Become a Venture Cafe content partner and submit a proposal to host content during the Social + Impact Connect event: http://vencaf.org/event-requests-policy-2
Submit your proposal by October 11th, 2018.
1) OFFICE HOURS
2) SOCIAL + IMPACT DEMO
Venture Cafe demos are a great way to gain exposure through our online and offline channels. During our Social + Impact Connect event, Venture Café will give a selection of the area’s startups, inventors and researchers an opportunity to showcase their work to the Boston community.
Apply to demo: bit.ly/vc-impact-demo18
Apply to demo by November 1st, 2018.
Café Nights – held each Thursday from 3PM – 8PM is the flagship program of Venture Café Foundation designed to connect entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators. Each event is comprised of
- Networking is the central purpose of Café Nights. It is an opportunity to meet like-minded innovators to create meaning connections, exchange ideas and forge new collaborations. Solicitations are not allowed during Café night events.
- Programming in the form of workshops, talks, forums, pitch event, hackathons, etc. Organizations seeking to host programming during one of the weekly Café Nights at Venture Café Kendall should submit an Event Request Form here.
- Theme Nights – Once each month, Café Nights at Kendall are organized around a single topic. The programming and info / demo tables are designed to dive deeper into insights, resources, and startups in that space. Startups wanting to apply for an opportunity to demo their prototype or product should submit Demo Application Form here.
- Office hours with experienced entrepreneurs, investors, and service professionals are available each week during Café Night. Individuals may book a 30-minute, one-on-one session with one or more of our experts, advisors, mentors by accessing our Office Hour Booking System here. To apply to the Office Hour program as an advisor, submit the Office Hour Program application here.
- Info tables, available during Café nights, are designed for organizations to share / promote information about programs, competitions, and events relevant to the Venture Café audience. Organizations may submit an info table request form to apply for a spot.
- Venture Café Presents is an online video series shot during Café Night and brought to the community in partnership with ArcPoint Communications. It features interviews with entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators that document compelling stories from across the Greater Boston area. If you are an entrepreneur, inventor, innovator, with a compelling story tell, contact us here.
For more info and the latest updates, check out http://vencaf.org/calendar/.
- Thursday, November 29, 2018
- 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Office Hours, Presentations & Networking
- Venture Cafe
One Broadway (5th Floor)
+ Google Map
- Venture Cafe Foundation