Greentown Labs BOLD IDEAS CHALLENGE: Final Showcase
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
This event will celebrate the successful conclusion of the Greentown Labs BOLD IDEAS CHALLENGE.
Greentown Labs BOLD IDEAS CHALLENGE is a 6-month accelerator program housed at Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States and focused on connecting entrepreneurs with the mentors, team members, business and technical resources they need to launch successful ventures all with support and collaboration from Schneider Electric.
Join Greentown Labs and Schneider Electric to celebrate the Greentown Labs BOLD IDEAS CHALLENGE Final Showcase. At this event, attendees will:
- Hear from innovation leaders at Schneider Electric
- Meet other entrepreneurs and mentors interested in working on venture creation within the energy space
- Listen to pitches from the startups that participated in the Greentown Labs BOLD IDEAS CHALLENGE
This years participants:
- Gridspan Energy: Pioneering a novel approach to electricity transmission with the goal of advancing clean energy access and security for island electricity markets. Grid-weak regions and island communities typically have worse access to affordable, resilient, and clean energy solutions than their mainland counterparts – Gridspan Energy’s mobile energy storage transmission (MEST) technology will change that.
- SunForge: Advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking Solar Charge controllers that provide the power you need when you need it most. Using advanced circuit design and construction methods honed at MIT, then refined by deployment in the harshest earthly conditions, Blue Sky Energy and Genasun charge controllers provide the most reliable and efficient power management systems available.
- Singularity: Building AI for the future of energy infrastructure, integrating distributed energy resources with the grid to jointly optimize economics, carbon emissions, and reliability.
- Titan Advanced Energy Solutions: Developing and producing advanced battery management systems for lithium ion battery (LiB) consumer electronics, automotive and storage markets.
Questions? We have answers!
Q: Who is Schneider Electric?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure, and Industries. With a global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider Electric is the indisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation, and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity, and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Q: Who is Greentown Labs?
Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States, is currently home to more than 90 startups that collectively employ more than 1,000 people. Together, this passionate community of entrepreneurs is working to solve the world’s biggest energy and environmental challenges. Greentown Labs boasts an 88% success rate and its community has collectively raised more than $380 million—including 4 exits. Greentown Labs offers 100,000 sq. ft. of prototyping lab and co-working space, a 1,800 sq. ft wet lab, a shared machine shop, an electronics lab and a curated suite of programs, resources, and tools. With our robust partner network, members gain access to more than $150K in resources, including software tools, machinery, electronics equipment, legal services, manufacturing expertise, relevant investors and neighborhood perks.
For a video about Greentown Labs, click HERE.
Q: What is Greentown Launch?
Greentown Launch is a 6-month, industry-specific, structured acceleration program designed to drive deals between entrepreneurs and corporate partners. Over the last three years, Greentown Labs has run three Greentown Launch programs that have resulted in investment and partnership deals for over 65% of startup participants and our corporate sponsors. We facilitate these deals through over 80 hours of intensive business training, hands-on mentorship from industry experts and a unique model of startup and corporate relationship building. Beyond our unique partnership curation program, startups accepted into this program gain the ability to access our network of over 150 investors and over 40 corporate partners while gaining access to state of the art lab, business and software tools including SOLIDWORKS, Altium, a machine shop, electronics equipment, wet lab, legal and marketing support.
The program is hosted at Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States, which is home to more than 90 hardware-focused energy startups in the Boston area, one of the nation’s most renowned energy innovation hubs. Entrepreneurs selected for this program will get paid desk space at Greentown Labs for the duration of the six-month program.
For a video about Greentown Launch, click HERE.
Q: What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Please note our new address! All Greentown Labs events will now take place in our Global Center located at 444 Somerville Ave., Somerville, MA 02143.
Greentown Labs does not have any parking but we’re a short 1-mile walk from the Harvard MBTA station down Kirkland and Washington Streets. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer indoor bike parking on-site and the three closest Blue Bikes (formerly known as Hubway) stations are at 33 Dane St., Conway Park and Union Square.
Q: What’s the dress code?
Feel free to dress business casual but please note if you’d like to explore the lab during the event you’ll need to have closed-toe shoes on. Safety first!
Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Save the paper! No need to print your ticket.
Q: How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You could send a drone with a message but it’s probably easiest to just send an email; please reach out to Jackie Johnson at email@example.com. 🙂
Have any questions about Greentown Labs + Schneider Electric Bold Ideas Challenge Final Showcase?
Contact Greentown Labs