- This event has passed.
College Esports Expo 2019
Thursday, March 28 @ 9:00 am - 6:30 pm$40
Esports on college campuses are redefining the shape of pop culture, entertainment, student activities, and sports. The explosive growth in collegiate esports necessitates a forum for the best minds in esports to convene and discuss challenges and opportunities in the burgeoning industry.
The College Esports Expo (CEX) is the premier event for colleges and esports industry professionals to begin a dialogue. Look forward to thought leadership and panel discussions on key topics such as conducting esports research, developing esports curriculums, and instating varsity programs at existing institutions.
This is a single-day event is scheduled to take place at Emerson College in the Semel Theater on Thursday, March 28th, 2019 during the annual Pax East convention at the Boston Convention Center
GOAL OF EVENT:
- Discuss key issues related to the growth of collegiate esports such as varsity esports and student organization development as well as an exploration of pathways to standardization and oversight.
- Educate and inform students, university administrators and esports industry professionals about esports curriculum development and research initiatives
- Explore career development and college students in esports. Students on a career track to become a player or executive can hear directly from industry insiders who share knowledge, job opportunities and discuss their own career tracks.
- Understand the esports ecosystem and its intersecting stakeholders. Network with industry leaders who will share their perspectives on how esports is impacting their organizations and how they are helping grow the esports industry.
- Participate in thought leadership in areas such as standardization of collegiate esports programs, esports curriculum and career development, esports research, entrepreneurship, and player advocacy and inclusion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- College students considering a career in esports, gaming, streaming and curious about opportunities in the industry.
- College faculty and administration trying to gain insight into the esports industry and develop esports programs for their schools.
- Student esports competitors will learn more about college leagues and gain insight on collegiate esports coaching.
- Industry professionals, brand, media, tech and gaming execs can tap into the fastest growing demographic and have an opportunity to communicate their vision for the future of collegiate esports.
- Everyone will gain insight into new technologies that are powering esports fan monetization and connecting collegiate LAN centers for competition.
VERY IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION BY EMAIL.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL INFO@COLLEGEESPORTSEXPO.COM
Directions to the Semel Theater:
The Semel Theater is located on the third floor of Emerson’s Tufte Performance and Production Center building at 10 Boylston Place, Boston MA 02116. Boylston Place is a pedestrian walkway across from the Boston Common, between Tremont St. and Charles St. When walking down Boylston Place towards the Massachusetts Transportation Building (AKA City Place), the entrance to Tufte Performance and Production Center will be on the left towards the end of the walkway. Upon entrance, the box office is located at the bottom of the stairs, immediately to the left. You will then show your ticket to the security guard, and take the elevator to the 3rd floor to arrive at the Semel Theater. The closest T stop to this building is the Boylston stop on the Green Line.