- This event has passed.
Blockchain for Beginners: What it is and how to leverage it
Saturday, January 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$319
In the midst of yet another significant downturn in the price of the cryptocurrency, Bitcoin celebrated its 10-year anniversary. Blockchain, the technology underpinning Bitcoin, continues to be explored and applied in numerous innovative ways across payments, capital markets, supply chain, and even IoT.
From books and videos to presentations and talks, we hear that blockchain is poised to reinvent the way we do business, and it could even redefine our economy. With such immense potential, there’s a lot of reason to believe the hype! But beyond the buzzword, what exactly is blockchain and how do you actually work with blockchain technology to leverage it for your career or business model?
Our one-day blockchain workshop will answer these questions and more. In this session we’ll teach you to:
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical design
- Learn key skills and terminology to conduct high-level discussions with technical blockchain engineers and developers
- Understand legal and regulatory considerations of blockchain technology
- Learn about smart contracts and how they can be applied to your business
- Select the right blockchain solution based on particular needs and requirements
- Identify areas of opportunity for building a career in the blockchain market
About the instructor:
David builds blockchain companies, and most recently founded Atonomi, a blockchain-based security protocol enabling trusted interoperability for billions of IoT devices. In 2014, David was appointed as an MIT Sloan Fellow in Innovation and Global Leadership, where he focused on innovation and emerging technology trends like fintech, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain through collaboration with MIT professors and fellows from more than 35 different countries around the world. He previously advised the U.S. Treasury’s TARP program during the height of the financial crisis, published numerous white papers and articles, and has spoken at conferences and events on blockchain technology and his experiences.