Beantown Throwdown 2019
Tuesday, November 19 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$45
Home to over 60 colleges and universities, Boston has launched some of the most creative and inventive student-founded startups in the world. The Beantown Throwdown is all about celebrating and showcasing them!
Hosted at LogMeIn’s Boston Headquarters, the #BeantownThrowdown will feature student teams representing a cross-section of local colleges and universities who will pitch their startups for recognition, as voted by the audience, as the winner of this annual event.
In a fun, collaborative environment, this program will also include a 20-minute panel with unbridled insights from area entrepreneurs and investors.
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor for this exciting event? Contact us for more info.
Basement To Bucks
MIDDLESEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE
QUEENS COLLEGE (CANADA)
Winners will receive a package of prizes intended to help these student innovators move their ventures forward by providing connections to experts in the community, entrepreneurial education opportunities, market visibility, startup tools and more! We’ll be continuously adding to this list until the event.
- Admission to an upcoming MITEF Cambridge Start Smart class – (1st + 2nd place teams)
- Launchpad Venture Group is offering guest passes for two (2) entrepreneurs to attend one upcoming catalyst event as observers. These events showcase short pitches from 10-12 startups , with networking with investors afterwards. The two team members will be able to watch the pitches and network afterwards – (1st place team)
- Underscore VC will host an expert-lunch/mentoring-session and offer a final round interview to a team they select for their UFirst Summer Accelerator
- A Legal Lunch with MITEF Legal Sponsors
- Net Positive Agency is offering four (4) one-hour digital marketing consulting sessions – (1st + 2nd place teams)
- StartHub: A feature as the Startup of the Week! which includes placement on the StartHub homepage at the top of the startup section as well as in their weekly newsletter – (1st place team)
- A table at the MITEF Cambridge Startup Spotlight demo day event at District Hall on June 23, 2020 – (1st, 2nd, 3rd place teams)
- One-year team plan subscription to the Disciplined Entrepreneurship Toolbox; a set of tools and checklists to help founders build a healthy and successful startup – (1st + 2nd place teams)
- Access to Google Cloud Startup Program – Spark Package, which includes 20K in credits via MITEF Cambridge partnership –(1st + 2nd place teams)
- ACTION Innovation Network will provide one hour consultations exploring the greater Boston/New England incubator network. (1st + 2nd place teams)
Determining the winners
The audience will vote using play money to “invest” in the most exceptional ideas and a count of the $ invested will determine the top three (3) winners.
One winner will also be chosen by our panel of experts.